PointCentral.com provides a service for monitoring and controlling access to a physical premise or lock. This document sets forth the Terms and Conditions under which you may use the Service. The Service includes this website and a mobile site application and corresponding email and phone notifications.
Please read this page carefully. By accessing, browsing or using the Service or downloading any content from the Service, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by these terms and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. If you do not agree to these terms, do not access, browse or use the Service or download any content from the Service. We may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page periodically to review the Terms and Conditions, because they are binding on you. If you violate any of these Terms or Conditions, your permission to use the Service automatically terminates.
Scope of Use
PointCentral.com grants you a limited license to access and make personal, non-commercial use of the Service but not to download (other than page caching) or modify it or any portion of it without the express written consent of PointCentral.com. This license does not include: any resale or commercial use of the Service or any content on the Service; any collection or use of any product listings, descriptions or prices; any derivative use of the Service or any content in the Service. This Service and the content in this Service may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without the express written consent of PointCentral.com. You may not use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing PointCentral.com or any of its affiliates’ names or trademarks without the express written consent of PointCentral.com.
Any use or attempted use of this Service (i) for any unlawful, unauthorized, fraudulent or malicious purpose, or (ii) that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any server, or the network(s) connected to any server, or (iii) that could interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Service, or (iv) to gain unauthorized access to any other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any server or systems through hacking, password mining or any other means, or (v) to access systems, data or information not intended by PointCentral.com to be made accessible to a user, or (vi) to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available by PointCentral.com, or (vii) for any use other than the business purpose for which it was intended, is prohibited.
In addition, in connection with your use of the Service, you agree you will not:
- Upload or transmit any message, information, data, text, software or images, or other content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, or otherwise objectionable, or that may invade another’s right of privacy or publicity;
- Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others or impersonate any person or entity, including, without limitation, any PointCentral.com representative, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Upload or transmit any material that you do not have a right to reproduce, display or transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as nondisclosure agreements);
- Upload files that contain viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel-bots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer or property of another;
- Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels that you upload to any communication feature;
- Use the Service’s communication features in a manner that adversely affects the availability of its resources to other users (e.g., excessive shouting, use of all caps, or flooding continuous posting of repetitive text);
- Upload or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes” or any other form of solicitation, commercial or otherwise;
- Violate any applicable local, state, national or international law;
- Upload or transmit any material that infringes any patent, trademark, service mark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- Manipulate or otherwise display the Service by using framing, mirroring or similar navigational technology or directly link to any portion of the Service other than the main homepage, www.PointCentral.com, in accordance with the terms outlined above;
- Probe, scan, test the vulnerability of or breach the authentication measures of, this Service or any related networks or systems;
- Register, subscribe, attempt to register, attempt to subscribe, unsubscribe, or attempt to unsubscribe, any party for any services if you are not expressly authorized by such party to do so;
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses; or
- Use any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated or manual means to access this Service, or copy any content or information on this Service.
Limitation of Liability, Warranty, Dealer Independence
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, EXCEPT AS REQUIRED BY LAW, POINTCENTRAL.COM WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, DATA, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, EVEN IF POINTCENTRAL.COM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITIES OF THOSE DAMAGES, RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE.
Your dealer’s service is provided by the PointCentral.com Providers without warranty and subject to the following limitations of liability: EXCEPT AS LIMITED BY LAW, THE LIABILITY OF THE POINTCENTRAL.COM PROVIDERS FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DELAYS, ERRORS, OR DEFECTS IN YOUR DEALER’S SERVICE OR TRANSMISSION OF YOUR DEALER’S SERVICE OR FOR LOSSES OR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE FAILURE OF THE POINTCENTRAL.COM PROVIDERS TO MAINTAIN PROPER STANDARDS OF MAINTENANCE AND OPERATIONS SHALL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF THE AMOUNT PAID BY THE SUBSCRIBER FOR YOUR DEALER’S SERVICE OR $250.00. NONE OF THE POINTCENTRAL.COM PROVIDERS SHALL HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY MISTAKE, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION OR DEFECT THAT DOES NOT LAST FOR AT LEAST 24 HOURS. NONE OF THE POINTCENTRAL.COM PROVIDERS SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY MISTAKE, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, OR DEFECT IN YOUR DEALER’S SERVICE CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL ACT OF THE DEALER, SUBSCRIBER, PARTIES OTHER THAN THE POINTCENTRAL.COM PROVIDERS, OR WHEN CAUSED BY ACTS OF GOD, FIRE, WAR, RIOTS, GOVERNMENT AUTHORITIES, DEFAULT OF SUPPLIER, OR OTHER CAUSES BEYOND THE CONTROL OF THE POINTCENTRAL.COM PROVIDERS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DEFECT IN OR FAILURE OF EQUIPMENT PROVIDED BY YOUR DEALER OR ANY PARTY OTHER THAN THE POINTCENTRAL.COM PROVIDERS.
POINTCENTRAL.COM™ is a registered service mark of PointCentral.com. Unauthorized use of any PointCentral.com trademark or logo may be a violation of federal and state trademark laws.
The Service is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. Except for your informational, personal, non-commercial use as authorized above, you may not modify, reproduce or distribute the content, design or layout of the Service, or individual sections of the content, design or layout of the Service or PointCentral.com logos without PointCentral.com’s express written permission.
PointCentral.com reserves the right to modify the Service, and the rules and regulations governing its use, at any time. Modifications will be posted on the website, and users are deemed to be apprised of and bound by any changes to the Service. PointCentral.com may make changes in the products and/or services described on the Service at any time.
From time to time, we may post links to other sites not under the control of PointCentral.com. The content available on linked sites does not necessarily reflect the opinions or the endorsement of PointCentral.com. PointCentral.com is providing these links as a convenience to you, and access to linked sites is at your own risk. PointCentral.com assumes no responsibility for the content of such linked sites.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your login credentials, and you are responsible for all uses of your credentials, whether or not authorized. PointCentral.com will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password or account, either with or without your knowledge. However, you could be held liable for losses incurred by PointCentral.com or another party due to someone else using your account or password.
The content accessed through the Service is intended to be a general information resource for the subject matter covered, but is provided solely on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis as noted herein. You are encouraged to confirm the information contained herein with other sources. PointCentral.com is not engaged in rendering medical, investment, financial, tax, accounting, legal, engineering, or other professional services or advice. If you desire or need such services or advice, you should consult a professional. You should not construe PointCentral.com publication of this content as an endorsement by PointCentral.com of the views expressed herein, or any warranty or guarantee of any of these views, opinions or recommendations.
Your commercial dealings with advertisers and/or vendors found on or through the Service (each, a “Vendor”), including payment and delivery of goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such Vendor. You agree that PointCentral.com shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such Vendors on the Service.
Location and Governing Law
The Service is operated by PointCentral.com from its offices in the United States. PointCentral.com makes no representation that the information located on the Service is appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to the Service from locations where the use of the Service may be illegal is prohibited. Users are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. Any claims related to use of the Service will be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, U.S.A., without regard to any conflicts of laws provisions.
Violations and Remedies
PointCentral.com reserves the right to seek all remedies available at law and in equity for violations of these Terms and Conditions, including the right to block access from a particular Internet address or phone number to the Service. PointCentral.com may terminate this agreement with you or revoke your access to the Service at any time for any reason or no reason.
These terms and conditions were last updated and posted on October 4, 2011.