VRM Smart Energy Management: Case Study
Thanks for joining us on this 3-part journey in VRM smart energy management. But where’s the evidence?
Below is a link to download our VRM case study that demonstrates the dollar savings and offers the opportunity to share hard data with your homeowners.
First, few quick notes that demonstrate an even greater potential to save…
Case Study Notes
Below is a three home energy analysis of All Star Vacation Homes in Orlando, FL for Q4 (Oct. – Dec.) 2012 vs. 2013. PointCentral was installed inventory-wide at All Star in September 2013.
However, before you dive into the data, I want to preface this analysis with a few thoughts:
1. Getting an “apples to apples” comparison of energy management is difficult.
- Markets and climates vary
- HVAC and pool heat systems vary house to house
- The energy efficiency of the homes varies (appliances, insulation, etc.)
- Occupancy calendars play a big part in energy consumption and vary year to year
2. All Star was just starting to use the PointCentral system at this time, so there may have been a bit of a learning curve still in progress during the analysis period
3. The HVAC was not fully automated (as mentioned in Part II) to drive the Energy Management off of occupied vs. unoccupied rules.
Main Point: While this is impressive savings, there is definitely room for improvement.
Go green. Create Revenue. Improve efficiency.
[Watch] Vacation Rental Smart Energy Management: All Star Vacation Homes CEO, and former VRMA President, Steve Trover discusses the impact of PointCentral energy management.
Realize the benefits of Smart Home Control at no cost to you!
Including, full turn-key installation by PointCentral